Hofmann 401 TrueCut
Hofmann’s 401 TrueCut brake lathe is a cut above the industry. It has all the features shops need for fast, accurate and precision resurfacing of automobile and truck rotors, drums and flywheels. With "One-Cut" finish or Infinitely Adjustable Machining speeds, operators can set the feed carriage speed for one-cut finishes or for very fast machining and high production. The 401 TrueCut also features two Hofmann exclusives - Four Arbor Speeds and Precision Carriage Speed Control! Our Four Arbor Speeds feature allows operators to select any of four arbor speeds for "Like New- Micro Finish results while turning the smallest sub-compact rotor or truck drum, which facilitates longer carbide cutter life over fixed speed lathes. With Precision Carriage Speed Control, once carriage speed is set the motor sends a speed sensitive signal to the electronic speed control module. The control module ensures the exact carriage feed speed is maintained throughout the entire resurfacing, no matter the condition of the surface.
* "One-cut" finish or infinitely adjustable machining.
* Feed carriage speed may be set for one-cut finish for very fast machining and high production.
* Four arbor speeds - A Hofmann exclusive! Operator may select any of four arbor speeds for "Like New" micro-finish results while turning the smallest sub-compact rotor or truck drum, which facilitates longer carbide cutter life over fixed speed lathes.
* Precision carriage speed control - Another Hofmann exclusive! Once carriage speed is set, the motor sends a speed sensitive signal to the electronic speed control module. The control module ensures the exact carriage feed speed is maintained throughout the entire resurfacing, no matter the condition of the friction surface.
* Heavy, thick ductile iron chassis provides a rugged, reliable base for the 401 TrueCut.
* Quick changeover from disc to drum tools in only seconds.
* Innovative design and tooling allows the 401 TrueCut to be adapted easily to all existing and future machining applications.
* Drive shaft and arbor are supported by extra large tapered roller bearings. Bearings and complete drive train operate in an oil bath - no bushings or old-fashioned sleeves to wear out.
* Automatic tool carriage shut-off.
* Simple arbor drive - only two gears.
* High-torque brushless permanent-magnet split-capacitor gear motors. Two separate motors - one to drive each tool carriage.
* Optional heavy-duty bench (B206) is made with .125" thick steel and has a built-in chip catcher. Provides over 1’ of working space and gives all kinds of extra room for tooling storage.
* Optional backboard (B203) provides additional tool storage.
* Adjustable deluxe work light.
* Top storage space for tools.
* Long life warranty provides full coverage.
Rotor/Flywheel Feed Rate (per revolution): 0.001" - 0.010"
Rotor/Flywheel Diameter Range: 5.0" - 30"
Maximum Rotor/Flywheel Thickness Range: 3"
Rotor/Flywheel Facing Travel: 5"
Drum Feed Rate Per Revolution: 0.0012" - 0.0120"
Drum Diameter Range: 5" - 30"
Drum Facing Width: 9"
Arbor Speeds (Adjustable): 85, 110, 140, 185 RPM
Bearing Adapter Range (Standard): 1.285" - 2.781"
Cone Range (Standard): 1.15" - 4.0"
Maximum Arbor Weight (Standard): 150 lbs.
Drive Motor: 1 HP, 1,725 RPM
Drum/Rotor Carriage Motor: 2 Gear Motors
Shipping Weight: 525 lbs.
Power Requirements (Standard)*: 115V, 1Ph, 60 Hz
* Other power options available upon request.