Hofmann geodyna Optima
Hofmann’s most advanced wheel balancer, the geodyna Optima, is the industry’s first balancer to use patented non-contact laser technology with CCD cameras to automatically capture measurements including distance, diameter and width, radial and lateral run-out, and spoke count/location in less than 30 seconds.
The geodyna Optima combines patented Virtual Plane Measurement (VPM) technology with easy-to-use operator features to diagnose hidden wheel and tire vibration problems. The geodyna Optima will drive your productivity by solving these problems before they become customer complaints.
The geodyna Optima also includes our patented wheel weight management software at no additional cost to help manage your weight inventory. Weight Wizard* will track actual wheel weight usage by clip style and weight. WeightMiser™ weight reduction software allows a shop to reduce the amount of wheel weights used to balance a set of wheels.
* Virtual Plane Measurement Technology (VPM)
* Automatic "Touchless" entry of distance, diameter, and width*
* Automatic "Touchless" measurement of radial and lateral run-out*
* Automatic selection of weight placement mode*
* Automatic selection of correction planes
* Laser pointer or geodata gauge arm*
* Auto Lock System for geodata gauge arm*
* Split weight mode HSP
* Geometric matching*
* Automatic braking of wheel after measurement
* Automatic orientation of wheel into correction position after measurement
* Pedal operated main shaft lock
* V-belt motor drive for constant speed
* Power Clamp*
* 17" Color LCD Flat Screen Monitor
* ASANetwork Compatible
* Full wheel guard
* Installation is possible directly near a wall
*Patented and/or Patent Pending Features
17" Color LCD Monitor
* 17" color flat screen monitor for accurate display of all measured data.
Automatic Wheel Clamping
* The wheel is clamped automatically with the patented Power Clamp system. This ensures the wheel is always correctly centered and clamped.
Power Clamp Cushion Storage
* The Power Clamp Cushion required to clamp the wheel - within easy reach and properly stored!
* The geodyna Optima recognizes when only the wheel has been mounted, and automatically measures radial and lateral run-out of the wheel. The measured data in addition to the high point of the wheel are viewed on the screen and can be documented on the print-out using the optional printer.
Automatic Spoke Function
* The geodyna Optima automatically counts the number of spokes and keeps track of the spoke locations on the wheel - making the Hidden Spoke Placement (HSP) mode a user-friendly feature. Simply press a function key to enable HSP service.
* If the geodyna Optima’s scanner and sensor measurements exceed threshold values, the diagnostic screen automatically displays. This screen shows the possible percentage of reduction to unbalance caused by run-out, and indicates if the wheel needs to be matched. The proposed matching procedure is clearly highlighted.
* Graphic illustration of radial run-out (complete tire/wheel assembly).
* Graphic illustration of radial and lateral run-out (both sides of wheel).
* Reading of preset threshold values.
* Reading of radial run-out (complete tire/wheel assembly - 1st harmonic).
* Reading of radial run-out (wheel - 1st harmonic).
* Reading of lateral run-out (complete tire/wheel assembly - 1st harmonic).
* The input is fairly simple:
o Enter valve position.
o Provide a mark on the tire as indicated by the balancer.
o Match tire and wheel accordingly on the tire changer.
Tread Depth Indiciation
* With every measurement performed in Optima mode, tire tread depth is measured automatically. An icon indicating whether tread depth is OK, critical, or out of tolerance will appear on the screen with respect to a preset threshold. This is a great feature that will help you sell tires at the right time!
Optional Printer Kit
* Print-out reports with the ink-jet color printer.
Centering Cone Range: 1.625" - 4.5"
Shaft Diameter: 40 mm
Measuring Speed: 200 RPM
Rim Width: 1" - 20"
Rim Diameter: 8" - 30"
Maximum Wheel Width: 21"
Maximum Wheel Diameter: 38"
Maximum Wheel Weight: 150 lbs.
Dimensions (W x H x D): 48" x 68" x 54"
Shipping Weight: 400 lbs.
Power Requirements: 100 - 240 V, 1Ph, 50/60